I want to share our Berlin Itinerary and I hope I could help someone to get an idea about a short 4D /3N stay in Berlin.
1. 7 hours travel time from Utrecht Central Station (ICE) - Duisberg, Germany, from Duisburg to Berlin.
2. Where to stay?
Hotel Berlin Berlin : From Berlin Hbf, take S-bahn S5, S9 of S75 going to Berlin Zoological Garden; then take Metro U2 going to Nollendorfplatz; walk towards the hotel, via de Einemstraße and the Lutzowplatz. The hotel is located at Lutzowplatz 17.3. Evening short exploration: Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church/Europe Center/KaDeWe. Enjoy the evening!
1. Trip to Tiergarten.
How to get there:
Walk from the hotel north, cross over the bridge (Klingelhöferstraße). You come mainly in the park (Tiergarten), further walk at the crossing Great Star (Großer Stern) where the Victory Column (Siegessäule) lies.2. Further walk to Bellevue Palace and from the palace, here are our list, all by foot.
- German Chancellery main seat, on the other side, The House of the Cultures of the World
- Bundestag ---> Reichstag Building
- Brandenburg Gate ---> Holocaust-Mahnman
3. By Metro (Regional Train) to Alexanderplatz
- Hacke's Market (Hackerscher Markt) / Hackesche Hofe (Don't ever miss this if you love to shop!)
- Fernsehtrum or Berlin Television Tower
- Berlin Cathedral
- At last dinnertime!
1. By Metro going to Postdamer Platz. Explore the place.
2. Dali-Expo in Postdamer Platz (with discount if you have a Berlin Welcome card)
3. By foot following the remains of the Berlin Wall going to the outdoor museum: Topography of Terror
4. Checkpoint Charlie, (then with the U-bahn going to Alexanderplatz going to Fernsehtrum.)
5. Television Tower (Fernsehtrum) Visit
1. Trip to Charlottenburg Palace
How to get there from Hotel Berlin, Berlin:
After checking out in the hotel, walk going to Nollendorfplatz, take U2 going to Bismarckstraße; stop over at U-bahn (U7) to Richard-Wagner-Platz. Walk to Charlottenburg Palace. (with discount if you have a Berlin Welcome card)
Going Berlin Hbf from Charlottenburg Palace
Walk to the S-bahn Station Westend. From Station Westend to Westkreuz. Then take the line going to Berlin Hbf.2. Berlin Hbf to Duisburg, Duisburg to Utrecht (by ICE)
A Berlin Welcome Card is really convenient, because you get discounts from range of city tours, boat trips, musea and theaters, and other major sights and attractions. You could avail it at the Berlin Info Stores or by the station.
Do you also want to know our travel experience in Berlin? I promise to post our Berlin photoblog soon. I hope you can visit me once again! Thanks!