Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DIY Haircut (for Man)

Yesterday I gave Honnepontjie a haircut. Yes! I am doing it and I have learned it from my Thai and a Vietnamese friends. They gave me an idea to do a DIY haircut. They are doing it to their partners, so I said I would also give a try.

The cost of living here in Holland is expensive. One of the things which I find expensive here is having a new haircut. A normal haircut, long or short costs -+20 euro exclusive hair-drying  Now if you want your hair to be blow dried,  you have to pay extra -+5 euro for it. Other treatments are of course high priced. I think the price is ridiculous and I still don't understand why it is so expensive.



I became Honnepontjie's private barber three years ago and he is happy that I can do it. In this case we always save about 60 bucks in a year and spend it with other things. Isn't it great?

When I learned that my friends are doing it to their partners, I told Honnepontjie about it. I asked him if he has confidence in me to trim his hair.  If he was ready to accept the consequence if I failed. He still said "yes"!

Then, I looked for a step by step video on how to cut a man's hair via You Tube and I found one with very good instructions. Here is the video:


Credit to YouTips4U

This video is very helpful to me. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. I watch it every time  I begin with Honnepontjie's haircut. She is right, if you can do it yourself, you can save more money.

I think the most essential thing on how to do a DIY haircut is that you have to trust yourself that you can do it and others would have to trust you that you can make their appearance better.

I love doing the DIY haircut. I am happy every time I can make a little masterpiece.

No comments: